On the other hand, as long as I can suppress comments to the effect of, "Wow, you're really pretty...ummm, insane," I'll at least get a lot of Spanish conversational practice. The cash I save on these free lessons will go a long way in the red light districts across the region.
As it is, I was going to leave Juayúa this morning, but a round of fountain-front tunes and tears convinced me to stay another day. My stomach is sputtering too -- making any rough bus ride a dangerous proposition -- due to any combination of digestive tract abusing factors:
- Since arriving Thursday night eating twenty-four full-sized peanut butter, banana & honey sandwiches (including 20 over the course of 5 consecutive meals, between meal snacks constituted by grease-dripping pupusas and chocolate cake) on combinations of white, wheat, and french breads.
- Taking local advice and drinking tap water.
- My Salvadoran Super Bowl bonanza, substituting a many-pound stack of pupusas from Pupuseria Esmerelda for the usual plates of burgers, nachos, and beer -- downing tres papusas revueltas, an additional one each stuffed with a single ingredient: flor de ayote, pollo, y queso, and something absurd called a Papusa Loca, essentially a maíz-frisbee stuffed with every papusa-loading option (including papelillo, the lone ingredient I'd neglected to involve in the rest of my gluttonous papusa order).

2 comments:
have i told you lately that i love you? if not, i love you like you love pastry. no kanye (that's the new no homo)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA pibbs, esto es hilarante....me gusta mucho!!!!! porque voy a ir a el salvador, quiero leo lo que tu piensa primera. yo soy no hombre, asi no mujeres llorando para mi. pero esto es muy divertido. y mi espanol es muy mejor de julio, si?? gracias, tu es un profesor bueno!
Post a Comment