This morning at my Spanish School I scooped a fallen orange from the grass, shoving it in my pocket for an after-lunch snack. >The fruit's exterior was almost flawless, a few hints of green at the gnarled pole where the orange disconnected from its tree swirled into the predominant orange hue. A sticky mist sprayed as my fingernails penetrated through and peeled back the skin, fat orange droplets spattering on the concrete beneath my feet. My fingers detected a soft spot on one side of my prize, so I halved the orange and first devoured, section by section, the unblemished portion.
Delighted, with sticky juice-tracks meandering from the corners of my mouth down my chin, as always concerned by the perceived lack of vitamins in my diet, I chomped into the half deemed less appealing. My foray into the rotted area proved fruitful, but a quick examination of the newly tooth-torn cavity in the hunk hemorrhaging juice into my palm revealed a teeming mass of squirmy white worms, with little black freckles for faces, burrowing throughout. Immediately I emptied the contents of my mouth into my hand, but whether I'd first swallowed or anything had wriggled down my throat are mysteries I'm attempting not to ponder.
This is a regular Slither scenario...without the comedy.
I can't believe I'm writing this: There's a good chance I might have ingested any number of maggots or whatever kind of goddamnfuckingawful worm colonizes oranges. I'm left convinced nothing is sufficiently offensive to make me throw up, the probability to having swallowed worms insufficient even to induce nausea. And because the trade secrets of bulimiacs yet confound me, I can do nothing but wait to see what interesting illness arises or parasitic invasion manifests in my digestive tract.
Guess I'll be watching the toilet to see if it turns into a fishbowl.
RIP HEAVY D
14 years ago

1 comment:
I laugh
Post a Comment